Whether you are launching a startup or are a long time business owner, an author, speaker, teacher, or professional, you need a blog. Blogging is a great way to help build and maintain your brand.
Blogs aren’t just for sharing your personal stories anymore. They can be used for anything you want, because it’s yours. It represents you. It represents your brand.
In a world with more social media outlets than you can keep up with, you have to be able to tap into several of them. Your clients, fans, or audience are certainly not all using the same one. Therefore, you will have some sort of audience in each place. But where are they being directed?
Think of your blog as a virtual home base for anyone and everyone who knows you, wants to know you, or needs to know you. It’s your platform. It’s where you define who you are, share your vision, and share the progress of your brand. You may have several different audiences but they will all have one common place to turn to.
Here are my top 5 reasons everyone needs a blog.
1. You need a platform. Every market is saturated and you need to be heard.
2. Increase your SEO. With more quality content being updated, you’re search engine rank will go up.
3. Increase your sites traffic. If you are regularly posting on your blog, you will be bringing in regular traffic.
4. Show your authority. Your readers want to know and trust that you are the authority of whatever it is you’re trying to sell. Your blog is the perfect place to share your expertise.
5. Make the connection. Your readers are more likely to come back to you and recognize your brand if they’ve connected with you.
Starting your blog is going to give a huge boost to your brand. So what are you waiting for?
Corie has been blogging since 2009. She believes that blogging is one of the best ways to build a brand or business and loves to help people do just that over at TribeBloggers.com.